- Entity• Agence pour la Promotion des Investissements et des Exportations (APIEX) • Ministère de l’Agriculture, de l’Elevage et de la Pêche
- Amount180 million USD (100 billion FCFA)
- ContactAPIEX / email@example.com
The objective is to create a 500-hectare agro-industrial zone near Benin’s new airport to accommodate processing, upgrading and packaging industries/units of export products such as pineapple, cashew nuts and shea nuts.
Companies located in the area will benefit from the tax and customs privileges offered by the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) law as well as the advantages linked to Benin’s strategic positioning as a gateway to West Africa. A partner (developer) has already been identified to develop the area as part of a public-private partnership.
The Benin delegation is looking for private partners with agro-industrial projects willing to set up in the area. The State is committed to providing them with all the facilities in this context in connection with its strategy for the development of agricultural sectors supported by the partners.
- Boosting high-potential agricultural value chains
- Increasing exports of processed food products
- Developing the agricultural processing industry
- Increasing foreign direct investment in Benin (attracting an average of 100 companies to the area in the first five years of operation)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE NEED FOR PARTNERSHIP
FINANCING: Private / Public
REMUNERATION OF PARTNERS: Private
RISK SHARING: Private