- EntityMinistry of Agriculture, Animal and Fisheries Production
- Amount$ 58 million (~36 Bn CFA)
The project here presented, aims at creating an agro-park in the northern part of Togo, in the Kara region. This initiative is based on the axis 2 of the National Development Plan 2018-2022, which is the development of agricultural processing centers.
The agro-park will comprise 30,000 ha of cultivable land split in plots of 100-200 ha for the cultivation of maize, rice, sesame, soy, cashew1. In the long term, 100,000 ha of additional land have also been secured to allow the extension of cultivated areas. Additionally, about 150 poultry farms and 200 fish farms are also planned. In order to allow the local processing of products, a processing facility of ~ 50 ha will also be built in the canton of Broukou and will accommodate the following processing units1: processing paddy rice into white rice, processing soybean oil, processing the corn and soybeans into feed ingredient for poultry, basic cleaning of sesame seeds, processing of cashew nuts into ready-to-eat cashews, slaughter and processing of broilers.
- Reduction of the import volumes of poultry meat;
- Stimulation of the production and export of crops by leveraging on the country’s competitiveness on export and local market access;
- Enhancement of economic activities and creation of jobs in the northern part of the country.
Supervisory and commercialization: Public-private
¹ Crops and processing units may be subject to modification according to agribusiness projects