- EntityMAURITIUS-AFRICA FUND/EDBM
- AmountUSD 140-150 million
The Moramanga Textile City in Madagascar, located along the main economic corridor of Antananarivo-Toamasina, is conceived as a Special Economic Zone entirely dedicated to textile-related activities.
The project consists of the construction of several industrial buildings on individual allotments over 80 hectares to accommodate factories across the entire textile and fabric value chain. Investment opportunities are also available in infrastructure development and the provision of utilities, in particular renewable energy-based power generation and supply to the zone.
- The project is a joint venture between the Government of Madagascar and the Government of Mauritius.
- The project addresses the strong demand from local and international textile enterprises for adequate operational facilities and clustering benefits.
- Additional benefits for partner investors/developers are available by structuring the investments through the Mauritian jurisdiction.
Characteristics of Partnership Requirements
Project Design: Mauritius-Africa Fund/EDB of Madagascar
Partner Remuneration: Private
Risk Sharing: Public/Private