- EntityMAURITIUS-AFRICA FUND/GSCL
- AmountUSD 100-120 million
The project consists of the construction of a Cyber Tower and ancillary facilities over 12 acres at the University of Ghana in Central Accra. It is the cornerstone of a Government-to-Government collaboration to establish a technology hub in Accra with a view to unlocking technology-centric growth axes built around a triple helix interaction of business, academia and government.
The transformational nature of the project aims at attracting leading enterprises in the field of technology, fostering technological advancement and driving the emergence of globally competitive African start-ups.
- The project is a joint venture between the Government of Ghana and the Government of Mauritius and is being implemented through Ghana Smart City Ltd, the project vehicle.
- The project addresses the need for world-class facilities while offering the opportunity to bring together the emerging African tech/VC-PE ecosystem.
- Additional benefits for partner investors/developers are available by structuring the investments through the Mauritian jurisdiction.
Characteristics of Partnership Requirements
Project Design: Mauritius-Africa Fund/Ghana Smart City Ltd
Partner Remuneration: Private
Risk Sharing: Public/Private