- Entity• Agence pour la Promotion des Investissements et des Exportations (APIEX) • Agence Nationale de promotion des Patrimoines et de développement du Tourisme (ANPT)
- Amount275 million USD (152 billion FCFA)
- Contact• APIEX / email@example.com • ANPT / firstname.lastname@example.org
Benin is making tourism a sector of economic development that creates wealth and jobs. To this end, a vast tourist programme (safari, seaside resort, culture, history of slavery etc.) is being implemented with a target of 500,000 visitors by 2021.
The objective is to provide the country with hotel accommodation for tourists (luxury hotels, luxury establishments, lodges nestled in the mangrove swamp on the Route des Pêches etc.). While the State is investing in heritage and infrastructure, economic, capital-intensive and profitable investments are reserved for the private sector (direct investments and/or PPPs). A hotel capacity of 500 rooms is targeted for 2021.
The Benin delegation is looking for private partners, investors, large hotel groups, agencies etc. willing to invest in this sector in Benin. The priority sites for the hotels are the seaside resort of Avlékété, Ouidah, Parc Pendjari and Abomey-Bohicon. The State is committed to providing investors with all the facilities related to its strategy to promote Benin as a destination.
- Boosting private sector tourism investment
- Increasing Benin’s hotel capacity
- Augmenting the contribution of tourism to GDP
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE NEED FOR PARTNERSHIP
TYPE: Public-Private Partnership
FINANCING: Public and Private
RISK SHARING: Public-Private