African cities: Ready for a new generation of infrastructure?
Africa has one of the fastest urbanization rates in the world, yet African cities still face challenges with decent housing, congestion and worsening air quality. 95% of COVID-19 cases are in cities and urban areas. The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the need for reliable, sustainable and affordable infrastructure and energy. Focusing on smart cities and more environmentally friendly tech-enabled infrastructure is a key factor of success for a green recovery. How can decision-makers plan resilient urban infrastructure that will stand the test of time and future uncertainties? What are some of the sustainable models to spur the development of social infrastructure such as health and education?
- Smart cities VS megalopolis: what is the reasonable plan for Africa?
- Building resilient infrastructure: how do we plan, design, and build infrastructure that will adapt to changing climate conditions and respond to users’ future needs?
- Transportation: what are the effective ways of adapting new roads and managing existing ones to improve climate resilience?
Who should attend?
This webinar is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.
Africa50 was established by African governments and the African Development Bank to help bridge Africa’s infrastructure funding gap by facilitating project development, mobilizingpublic and private sector finance, and investing in infrastructure on the continent. Africa50 focuses on medium- to large-scale projects that have development impact while offering an appropriate risk-adjusted return to investors. Bringing project development and financing together in one platform, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle. In 4 years, Africa50 has successfully developed a diversified investment and development portfolio comprising 6 assets in operation, 2 under construction, and many others under development.
Registration is confirmed by the organizer in accordance to your profile and number of participants allowed, so it is very important for you to register.
The webinar will be broadcasted on Zoom. It is a free event and access to Zoom does not require any additional fee.
Before we start, make sure your computer is set up for the optimal experience:
- A computer or any mobile device with an internet connection
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer
- If you lose video or audio, please refresh your browser
- For optimal viewing experience we suggest you use Chrome
Only people who have been accepted to the event will receive a unique URL link via their email addresses used in the registration form to connect to the webinar before the event starts. Active engagement will be very welcome before and during the event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com