Preparing for the future
With the advent of the Covid-19 pandemic, the share of African business leaders who feel confident about the economic situation in their countries of operation has dramatically plummeted, from 83% at the start of the year to around 25% currently. In this time of uncertainty, family businesses are struggling to be responsive, a trait of upmost importance in a crisis and one that is all too often a weak spot. How can family businesses instil a culture of agility, independence and innovation? How can they implement a leadership structure conducive to quick decision-making that allows them to come out on top of the current crisis? How can they make smart investments? How can they prepare for a new future and what will that future look like?
During the first ever Family Business Summit, more than 200 leading African family business leaders and shareholders will share their current and past experiences in order to turn the crisis into a source of opportunity. Over the course of six hours of conferences, themed workshops and networking events between economic leaders, the who’s who of the African family business world will also delve deeper into, through a practical approach, a number of key issues still facing them today: corporate governance, family governance, financing, generational handover, talent management, transaction structuring, etc.
As global multinationals readjust their investments on the continent, the continent needs African family businesses now more than ever – businesses with solid roots in their region that care about the positive impact they have on the population and development.
An interactive and innovative digital event, the Family Business Summit is the first step towards creating a pan-African community rallying around the ambition of its members to build a modern form of African family capitalism with a long-term perspective.
- Family Business for Good: measuring your company’s impact and widening it
- Agility and innovation in a time of crisis
- Where is the global economy headed and what can we expect for Africa?
- Secrets to staying power
- Financing: how much of a controlling stake should your family have?
- Managing family conflicts: preventing tensions
- What techniques can be used to make the most of your holding company assets?
- Smart ways to invest your wealth
- How to create your foundation
- Attracting, integrating and retaining outside talent