African Finance after Covid: reboot,
Africa’s financial industry was one of the most dynamic in the world prior to the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. Banking income grew 11% per year on average, African fintech firms raised more than $800m in 2019. Developing capital markets, and low banking and insurance penetration rates show significant room for growth.
Also faced with the acceleration of digitalisation, with some players proving to be better prepared than others, Africa’s financial industry is now forced to rethink its development trajectory in light of these new challenges. At the first edition of The Financial Industry Summit, organised by the AFRICA CEO FORUM (Jeune Afrique Media Group), in partnership with IFC, 500 decision-makers representing the entire spectrum of the financial industry, industry champions, investors and regulators will share their vision and experience.
A wide variety of topics will be covered during panels, keynote addresses and roundtables, including how to drive digital transformation, develop financial inclusion strategies, adapt to the regulatory environment, update risk management practices during an economic crisis, understand new consumer needs and revolutionise talent management, as well as the impact of the implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area. The Financial Industry Summit 2021 has a clear ambition and invites participants to help achieve it: enable the industry to return to sustainable growth, boost competitiveness, embrace innovation and contribute to the continent’s economic recovery.
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE…
- Rethinking the priorities of Africa’s financial industry in the post-Covid era
- What kind of regulatory environment can help fintech firms
strengthen their sustainable development initiatives?
- Does the Covid crisis pose a threat or represent an opportunity for the financial services industry in Africa?
- Data and AI: the new catalysts for value creation?
- Brand, digitalisation and services: understanding emerging customer experience issues.
- Fraud and cyber risks: addressing new threats
- How can African stock exchanges become a solid alternative source of financing?
- Insurance industry challenges in the wake of digital transformation
- Green banking: how to balance returns and impact