- EntityAgence Pour la promotion des Investissements au Mali - API MALI
- Amount802 millions USD
The Project consist in improving the traffic ow on the river bank alongside and to facilitate the mobility between the different communes of the capital and between the two banks of the river.
The city of Bamako is located on the banks of the Niger River and covers an area of 26 700 acres.
In 2016, the city had nearly 2.5 million inhabitants and like most African capitals, its rate of population growth is very high.
- Improved mobility in the city by the decongestion of traffic in the city center;
- Development of river banks and watercourses in the area that ow into the Niger River;
- Spontaneous and anarchic constructions in the bed of the river controlled;
- creation of spaces dedicated to commercial equipment, green spaces and recreational parks, attractive cultural activities, hotel complexes and commercial buildings along the river;
- bank protection against floods and erosion phenomena; improve the urban environment and sanitation of the area;
- create sustainable activities generating jobs and
Characteristics of Partnership Requirements
Project design: Private/Public
Partner Remuneration: Private/Public
Risk Sharing: Private/Public