Awakening affordable housing in Africa with financial innovation
In partnership with
Mortgages are one of the fastest-growing segments in African retail banking with an estimated CAGR of 6% between 2017 and 2022. But many Africans do not qualify for mortgages or cannot afford interest rates that average 14% in sub-Saharan Africa. Lenders are also cautious about offering long-term credit to the 81% of Africans in informal employment and are sensitive to macroeconomic factors and availability of housing stock. Financial innovations – such as rent-to-own models, housing microfinance, and mortgage-backed securities – are touted to make housing credit more accessible. But how can such models be leveraged at scale? And might so-called ‘green mortgages’ for environmentally certified developments steer housing finance in a sustainable direction? Leaders in the financial community explore innovations that could pump life into inclusive housing finance in Africa.
- Assessing unmet finance needs – the constraints of customers and lenders
- Scaling innovation – the possibilities in rent-to-own, capital markets and microfinance
- Pulling in a sustainable direction – incentivising loans for affordable green homes
This webinar is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.
Registration is confirmed by the organizer in accordance to your profile and number of participants allowed, so it is very important for you to register.
The webinar will be broadcasted on Zoom. It is a free event and access to Zoom does not require any additional fee.
Before we start, make sure your computer is set up for the optimal experience:
- A computer or any mobile device with an internet connection
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer
- If you lose video or audio, please refresh your browser
- For optimal viewing experience we suggest you use Chrome
Only people who have been accepted to the event will receive a unique URL link via their email addresses used in the registration form to connect to the webinar before the event starts. Active engagement will be very welcome before and during the event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com