Business editor, The Africa Report
COP27: How can climate finance expand electricity access in Africa?
In partnership with
Of the $632 billion in annual climate finance available worldwide in 2019-2020, only 3% was directed towards sub-Saharan Africa. As Africa accounts for 70% of the world’s population without access to electricity in 2022, the region urgently needs climate financing to decarbonise and bridge its energy gap. The latest report by the AFRICA CEO FORUM and PHILAE ADVISORY* highlights two priorities that must be put back on the agenda at the upcoming COP27 in Egypt: mobilising private resources for the energy transition, and structuring a bona fide global carbon credit market. How can the continent’s interests be best protected at the upcoming COP?
- What role can international institutions play in mobilising private finance?
- Price floors, certification, regulated vs. voluntary markets: How can we maximise the potential of carbon credits?
- What commitments is Africa ready to make at COP27?
Senior advisor, Philae Advisory
CEO, Fonds Gabonais d’Investissements Stratégiques (FGIS)
This webinar is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.
- Registration is confirmed by the organizer in accordance to your profile and number of participants allowed, so it is very important for you to register.
The webinar will be broadcasted on Zoom. It is a free event and access to Zoom does not require any additional fee.
Before we start, make sure your computer is set up for the optimal experience:
- A computer or any mobile device with an internet connection
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer
- If you lose video or audio, please refresh your browser
- For optimal viewing experience we suggest you use Chrome
Only people who have been accepted to the event will receive a unique URL link via their email addresses used in the registration form to connect to the webinar before the event starts. Active engagement will be very welcome before and during the event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com