Data centers & cloud services : can Africa catch up ?
Data centers are the main enablers of the digital economy, which is growing two and a half times faster than global GDP. Today Africa accounts for less than 1% of the world’s data centers supply and does not have the capacity to store, process and control its data.
Yet Africa is potentially the most attractive continent for data center investment. To tap into this potential, providers need sufficient supply of suitably-located land, water, power and optical fiber.
How can the continent make up for its data center deficit ? What role can governments play to enable Africa’s cloud and data center ecosystem and to enhance digital independence?
Key Points :
- Creating more data centers : how to capitalise on energy innovation, secure resources supply and attract investors ?
- Digital independance, infrastructure development : what role should governments play ?
- Cloud computing : a key success factor for African start-ups ?
This webinar is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.
Registration is confirmed by the organizer in accordance to your profile and number of participants allowed, so it is very important for you to register.
The webinar will be broadcasted on Zoom. It is a free event and access to Zoom does not require any additional fee.
Before we start, make sure your computer is set up for the optimal experience:
- A computer or any mobile device with an internet connection
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer
- If you lose video or audio, please refresh your browser
- For optimal viewing experience we suggest you use Chrome
Only people who have been accepted to the event will receive a unique URL link via their email addresses used in the registration form to connect to the webinar before the event starts. Active engagement will be very welcome before and during the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org