Infrastructure: is the African private sector the missing dot?
To close the infrastructure gap in Africa, investments should rise to 4.5% per year as a share of GDP against the current 2.5%; African private sector participation in infrastructure projects funding is a key to accelerate local funding’s efforts and overall continental integration. But to foster their participation, African private entities’ are looking for governments incentives and enabling framework. Beyond obvious cost-benefit aspects, African private actors benefit from a competitive advantage over foreign investors as their understanding of infrastructure investment risk is fueled by their local knowledge and past experiences. Why are African private sector infrastructure investments limited? How can African private actors become key players of regional project development?
- Do African private companies perceive regional infrastructure funding as strategic? What incentives can foster African private sector participation in infrastructure financing?
- How to mitigate the perception of risks for African private entities?
- Assets under management by African institutional investors are estimated to be close to $1.8 trillion. What role can they play in bridging the infrastructure financing gap?
Replay the webinar
Who should attend?
This webinar is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.
Africa50 was established by African governments and the African Development Bank to help bridge Africa’s infrastructure funding gap by facilitating project development, mobilizingpublic and private sector finance, and investing in infrastructure on the continent. Africa50 focuses on medium- to large-scale projects that have development impact while offering an appropriate risk-adjusted return to investors. Bringing project development and financing together in one platform, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle. In 4 years, Africa50 has successfully developed a diversified investment and development portfolio comprising 6 assets in operation, 2 under construction, and many others under development.
Registration is confirmed by the organizer in accordance to your profile and number of participants allowed, so it is very important for you to register.
The webinar will be broadcasted on Zoom. It is a free event and access to Zoom does not require any additional fee.
Before we start, make sure your computer is set up for the optimal experience:
- A computer or any mobile device with an internet connection
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer
- If you lose video or audio, please refresh your browser
- For optimal viewing experience we suggest you use Chrome
Only people who have been accepted to the event will receive a unique URL link via their email addresses used in the registration form to connect to the webinar before the event starts. Active engagement will be very welcome before and during the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org