Invest in Benin
Faced with the global crisis, Benin ranks amongst Africa’s most dynamic and resilient countries with growth forecast at 6.5% in 2022, which ties in with its pre-pandemic performance of 6.4% from 2017 to 2019.
The country has become a prime destination for investors in West Africa, a fact borne out by the $176m of direct foreign investment in 2020 and the government’s success in raising a billion euros in funds in 2021 to finance Bénin Révélé, the country’s economic transformation programme.
This is the background against which the AFRICA CEO FORUM, partnered with Ecobank, have decided to organise Invest in Benin, an online event. The aim of the event is to highlight and describe the country’s investment opportunities in areas of infrastructure, agri-industry, digital technology and energy.
With special guest Romuald Wadagni, Benin’s Minister of State for the Economy and Finance, the event will take the form of a 1.30-hour webinar followed by sector-specific workshops intended for international investors, CEOs of multinationals, consultants, financial institutions and African business people.
- Exclusive interview with Romuald Wadagni, Benin’s Minister of Economy and Finance, Senior Minister of State;
- Panel of top-level economic players to debate Benin’s ecosystem: business climate, dynamic sectors, reform agenda;
- Three public-private workshops to exchange tangible ideas about investment opportunities sector by sector.
- Digital – Becoming the digital hub of West Africa: Fabrice Comlan, Country Managing Partner, Deloitte Benin;
- Agriculture – Investing in agricultural transformation: Cyndo Obre, Country Officer, International Finance Corporation (IFC) Benin;
- Infrastructure and energy – Focus on public-private partnerships: Medjo Yolande WAFO, Investment Officer (Power & Infrastructure Specialist), PROPARCO Regional Office for West Africa.
Who should attend?
This digital event is primarily intended for CEOs, members of executive committees, legal directors and financial directors of large African companies.