- EntityMinistry of Infrastructure and Transport
- Amount$ 620 million (~385 Bn CFA)
The Lomé-Ouagadougou corridor is one of the preferred routes in the region connecting hinterland countries and the sea. To avoid near-term road congestion and address traffic growth, the capacity of the road must be increased.
The main objectives of the duplication of the Unity Highway are to ensure traffic flow and to strengthen commercial trade through the decrease in transportation delay and transportation costs on the corridor. The project outlined here is in line with Togo’s vision to be a logistics hub of excellence in the West African sub-region.
- Decrease in freight transport costs and merchandises transportation delays, thus increasing competitiveness of regional and international economic operators and the Port of Lome;
- Enhanced connectivity to support the economic development of regions and job creation along the corridor;
- Reduction in travel time to enhance the population’s travel experience throughout the country.
Operation and maintenance: Public-private